Barrier Islands Psychiatry offers Spravato Treatment. Spravato is the first FDA-approved nasal spray, indicated for patients with Treatment-Resistant Depression. Spravato targets the NMDA receptor and is believed to drastically reduce depression symptoms.
- Therapy sessions are conducted in our office weekly for 8 weeks.
- Patients are required to have a ride to and from treatment.
- Each treatment session is 2 hours after the medication is given and patients are closely monitored.
- If common side effects occur, they usually happen right after the medication is administered and go away the same day.
- It’s covered by most health insurance plans, there is also Patient Support through Janssen CarePath for patients who qualify.